Time for the Big List of Things That Were Very Awesome or Important or Mostly Just Entertaining in 2010.
A List of Random Things That Happened to Me This Year:
1. Hot Pants and I spent our January honeymoon in Hawaii. It was just as awesome as you might imagine. Also, I got a tattoo while in Maui.
2. I watched quite a few friends get married, get engaged or get pregnant.
3. My beautiful niece Rhiley celebrated her second birthday in November, and her mom announced she’s going to be a big sister come May.
4. I revived this blog after months of not posting and overhauled what I do here to focus more on the world of crafting and handmade awesomeness.
5. Hot Pants and I celebrated our first anniversary with a trip to St. Simons Island, Ga.
6. Atlanta had its first white Christmas since 1882, but we weren’t here. We were in Memphis, which was enjoying its first snow on Christmas since 1992. No accumulation, though.
7. I adopted a new job at work that has fulfilled me in ways I could not have imagined even a year ago. I am eternally grateful for the opportunity.
Amazing Albums Released this Year:
“I’m Having Fun Now” by Jenny and Johnny
“Infinite Arms” by Band of Horses
“I Learned the Hard Way” by Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings
“The Suburbs” by Arcade Fire
“J Roddy Walston and the Business” by J Roddy Walston and the Business
“The Lady Killer” by Cee Lo Green
“Volume Two” by She & Him
“Contra” by Vampire Weekend
“Preservation: An Album to Benefit Preservation Hall” by various artists
“This is Happening” by LCD Soundsystem
Some Books I Read (and loved):
NOTE: I made a habit of logging every book I read in GoodReads.com this year. I even impressed myself! This is not the full list, but a healthy sampling.
Stieg Larsson’s Millennium Trilogy (The Girl With/Who…)
“The Imperfectionists” by Tom Rachman
“This Is Where I Leave You” by Jonathan Tropper (and then I read all of his novels)
“Hoot” by Carl Hiassen
“Committed” by Elizabeth Gilbert
All of Emily Giffin’s books
“Zeitoun”? by Dave Eggers
“Accidental Billionaires” by Beb Mezrich
both novels by the fictitious Richard Castle
“Juliet, Naked” by Nick Hornby
“My Fair Lazy” by Jen Lancaster
Some Awesome Movies I Saw (and loved):
“The Social Network”
“How to Train Your Dragon”
“Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows”
“Waiting for Superman”
“Scott Pilgrim v. the World”
“It’s Kind of a Funny Story”
Places I Visited:
Maui, Kauai and Oahu, Hawaii
Lotsa places in Penn.
San Francisco, Calif.
St. Simons Islan, Ga.
Famous People Sightings:
Live Shows That Rocked:
Avett Brothers (twice!)
Band of Horses
Jenny and Johnny (briefly)
Originally posted 2010-12-29 18:34:00. Republished by Blog Post Promoter